XIX I nternational S cientific and P ractical C onference
9-11 October 2019 , St. Petersburg
On October 9-11, 2019, the XIX International Scientific and Practical Conference Roerich’s Heritage will be held at the St. Petersburg State University, the State Hermitage Museum and the St. Petersburg State Roerich Family Museum and Institute. The conference is dedicated to the 145th anniversary of the birth of Nicholas Roerich, 140th anniversary of the birth of Helena Roerich, 120th anniversary of the meeting of Helena Shaposhnikova and Nicholas Roerich in Bologoe, 115th anniversary of the birth of Svetoslav Roerich, 180th anniversary of the Drawing School of the Imperial Society for the Encouragement of Arts, 150th anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi, and the Year of Theater in Russia.
Main topics of the conference:
- Music and theater in the works of the Roerichs
– Roerich and Russian culture
- Russia and India: two magnets
- Roerich Heritage and Mongolia
Meetings and events of the conference:
October 9 – St. Petersburg State University
- Roerichs and Russian culture (plenary session)
October 10 – St. Petersburg State Museum and Institute of the Roerich Family
- Roerich Heritage and Mongolia (plenary session)
- Russia and India: two magnets (plenary session)
October 11 – State Hermitage, Hermitage Theatre
- Music and theater in the works of the Roerichs (plenary session)
- The awards ceremony of Nicholas Roerich International Prize 2019
- Performance «Mercy» (a play by N. K. Roerich)
The following issues are proposed for discussion at the conference:
- Cultural figures of the Silver Age of the Roerichs circle;
- Creativity and life paths of Nicholas, Helena, and Svetoslav Roerichs;
- Creation, activities and personalities of the Drawing School of the Imperial Society for the Encouragement of Arts;
- Russian traditional culture in the works of Roerichs;
- Creative ties of N. A. Rimsky-Korsakov, N. K. Roerich and S. S. Mitusov: to the 175th anniversary of the birth of N. A. Rimsky-Korsakov;
- India's role in Roerichs ' life;
- Interaction of Russian and Indian cultures;
- Philosophical, pedagogical, artistic and scientific heritage of Roerichs;
- Relevance of Roerich heritage, forms and experience of its use in the work of state and public organizations.
Various questions within the declared subject are welcomed. It is possible to participate in the conference in the form of poster presentation.
The conference events:
During the conference the Winners of the Nicholas Roerich International Prize 2019 will be awarded. The participants may also visit the performance «Mercy» (a play by N. K. Roerich)
Excursions and cultural program will be offered at the permanent exhibition of the Roerich Family Museum and Institute . The following exhibitions will be available during the conference:
* Tested in the fire of life, dedicated to the 140th anniversary of E. I. Roerich
* Paintings of Sujit Acre (India), Nicholas Roerich Prize Laureate
- St. Petersburg State University
- State Hermitage
- St. Petersburg State Museum and Institute of the Roerich Family
- Roerich's Shambala Museum, Ulan-Bator
Support and participation:
- Committee for Culture of St. Petersburg
- World Wide Club of Petersburgers
- The International Charity Fund Roerich Heritage
Applications and abstracts for participation in the conference should be sent to the Organizing Committee via post or email until September 17, 2019. In the applications sent by e-mail it is necessary to specify in the field "subject": RH-19. Please give the following information in your application:
- Surname, name and patronymic of the participant;
- Academic degree and title;
- Organization and position;
- Session in which the participant would like to take part;
- Subject of presentation;
- Abstract (2 000 to 3 000 symbols).
A laptop, a projector and a screen are provided at the conference. If you need any additional equipment, please inform us in advance.
Requirements for papers
As the result of the Conference there will be published a collection of its materials. The conference proceedings will be indexed in RSCI. The papers should be designed in accordance with the following requirements:
- up to 18 pages in Microsoft Word;
- Times New Roman font, size 12, single line spacing;
- paragraph indentation 1.25 cm; top, bottom, right and left margins-2 cm.;
- surname, name, patronymic of the author, country, city – at the top of page, in center;
- title of the paper - lower in the center;
- UDC - top left;
- short abstract of the paper in Russian and English, with keywords;
- bibliographic references (issued according to the requirements of GOST 7.0.5-2008);
notes are made at the end of the whole text in the form of endnotes according to the rules for the design of endnotes;
– and / or references in the text in square brackets indicating the serial number of the publication and the page number and the list of references at the end of the text (numbering is made in alphabetical order, according to the requirements of GOST 7.0.5-2008);
- illustrations in the text should be signed and additionally sent as a separate file.
The title of the article, abstract, keywords and information about the author should be presented in Russian and English.
Materials not previously published anywhere and not submitted for publication in other editions are accepted for printing.
The last day of acceptance of articles is November 1, 2019. Articles sent later than this date will constitute the "portfolio" of the subsequent collection.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to reject materials not corresponding to the specified topic or the requirements for design without explanation.
Angela Kennedy Mazaeva-Kanenga, Academic Secretary
199034, St. Petersburg, Vasilievsky island, 18th line, d. 1.
Tel./Fax (812) 323-08-85, 327-08-30. URL: http://www.roerich.spb.ru.